Insulation Removal Services
We cannot put enough emphasis on the immediate benefits for your family and the long-term benefits for our environment from insulation removal and replacement. It’s a smart move for everybody.
Why remove your insulation?
In older homes there’s most likely old insulation which over time has lost its effectiveness or R-value therefore it no longer provides the benefits it once did. Depending on the type it could even be damaged from a leaky roof or contaminated from critters that find their way into your roof space.
Old insulation were perfect breeding grounds for possums, rodents and birds that tend to fill your attic with droppings and leave behind urine-soaked insulation-a potential cause of serious health hazards for you and your family.
We have the solution to get rid of it in a safe and effective manner. Our insulation removal process involves:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is a must for anyone working with old, contaminated insulation
- Access to your attic cavity via the roof where possible to minimise the chance of any contamination entering your home
- Old insulation is bagged and sealed in the ceiling to avoid airborne fibreglass particles and other contaminants that were in your attic contaminating the outside environment
- Vacuuming of the roof space to ensure all contaminants and airborne particles are removed is recommended
- Cellulose or loose fill insulation is removed with our high powered vacuum,
- All removed insulation is taken away and disposed off at an EPA approved Waste Disposal Centre (i.e. Kimbriki Resource Recovery Centre)
With improved technology, new materials and improved thermal properties insulation is far superior to that sold 15 to 20 years ago. So why not upgrade your insulation with Insulvac and enjoy the dramatic reduction in heating and cooling costs.